Image Map

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Saving and Spending Jars for Kids

Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? He's basically a Christian financial guru. He has this program called Financial Peace University. You learn how to manage money, pay off debts, save, buy a house, etc., in his program and I'm currently enrolled. It's amazing! 

During the second lesson he talked about the importance of teaching your kids about money. Because really kids learn by example for everything. They just need good examples to follow. He suggests making money jars for your kids that are see-through so that the kids can see their money accumulating/leaving. 



He recommends having 3 jars: Saving, Spending, and Giving. I opted not to do a giving jar though because I don't want that money sitting around--it goes straight to our church as a donation. Now my kids can see the money they are saving and the money they have to spend!

I made the labels with PicMonkey and then used my handy dandy Create-A-Sticker to make them adhere. I LOVE this little machine, except it's not a machine because there is NO plug. Seriously, love it.


Then I made a Savings and a Spending jar for each of my older kids. Maybe by the time they're 10 they'll have saved up enough for college! HA! A girl can dream.





Now my next project will be a chore chart so they can start earning the money they put in their jars. Excuse me while I go peruse Pinterest...


Happy crafting and saving!



4 comments:

  1. Dave Ramsey is AMAZING! That is how we paid off all of our debt in 18 months. Great idea for kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for a voyance telephone to discover your future ? Here, we propose you to visit a french website of divinatory arts : voyance-retour-amour.com. It gives you quality articles about the different methods which exists. Astrology, numerology, tarot cards and else...   save money

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!