Image Map

Friday, June 1, 2012

Vintage Modern Table Top Quilt

I recently bought a Layer Cake of Vintage Modern fabric and I LOVE it! The colors are soooo bright and cheerful! I didn't really know what I wanted to do with the fabric but I DID know I wanted whatever I made to be seen because the fabric is gorgeous. 

Then I noticed how sad my kitchen table looked. I can't keep a tablecloth on it because my children will just pull it off. But the table also seems so stark with nothing on it. I decided to make my tried and true table top quilt. I've used this pattern twice before (here) and I love it because it's so easy to assemble and make. 


The pattern comes from a book called Charmed and Dangerous, but you could scale down almost any quilt to be large enough for a table top. My quilt ended up measuring 23.5" by 23.5".


The back fabric isn't from the same line (it's a Riley Blake fabric) but I loved it. I just couldn't pass it up.


Ahhh, I just love how happy these fabrics are...


And here's my (MUCH) happier table:


Sharing here: What About, One Artsy Mama, See Vanessa Craft, 30 Handmade Days, Nap Time Crafters, Lolly Jane, Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters' Stuff, Young and Crafty, Family Ever After, Positively Splendid, It's Overflowing, Daisy Cottage Designs, Polka Dot Pretties, Love Notes by Lauryn, Cherished Bliss, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night,         

12 comments:

  1. I'm a new blog follower and would love you to follow me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I want one just like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth! I just finished a quilt using the fabric line too, and I loved every moment of it. What a great idea to make a table topper where you can see it regularly :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! Love the colors and the fabric on the backside is gorgeous!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness those fabrics! ... swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I am just dying to make a quilt, but I am too scared to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to make a quilt so badly, but I'm so new to sewing it makes me unbelievably nervous (lol... just read the comment above mine and apparently I'm not the only one. I'd love it if you'd share at Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this !!

    I would love you to add this to my crafty linky party

    www.polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful!! Love the fabrics you used! What a talent!! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so pretty! I really love old quilts. Thanks for linking up. I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know your beautiful quilt has been featured at Off the Hook. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathryn, your blog is so cute! I love it!!! I might come back when I get my emails caught up and link up to your party. =) Happily following you back, btw.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!