Image Map

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paper Pinwheels Binder

I needed a folder for my church assignment (I work with the children) because my old one died.

My sweet husband got a free one from work for me. But it was very BLAH. Check it out yourself:


I thought pinwheels would be fun since it's almost summer time.



Cute, right? (2 Couns. stands for 2nd counselor in a presidency)

Pinwheels are so easy but so cute at the same time. Here's a quick little tutorial:

1.
Start with a square


2. 
Fold in half twice (points together) to find the middle. 



3. 
This part can be tricky. Cut each folded line leading into the center. But don't cut all the way to the center. Leave about a half inch from the center.


4. 
Now take every other little point and secure it to the center. I used cute little brads but you could also glue them down. Just go for whatever look you want. 

I love these pinwheels! So cute!!




Sharing here: Not JUST a Housewife, Tip Junkie, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, The Winthrop Chronicles, Creatively Living, Vintage Wanna Bee, Cherished Bliss, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Rae Gun Ramblings, Oopsey Daisy, Uncommon, DIY Dreamer, How to Nest for Less, Cheap Crafty Mama,             

8 comments:

  1. Hello Kathryn,
    Love what you did to your folder, Super Cute! I am sure that the children will love it too. ;o) Thanks for the pinwheel tutorial.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinwheels take me back to my childhood. I love how you used yours! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute. I just made some fabric pinwheels. They are fun to make. I want to make some paper ones that actually work, but now you have me wanting to make a binder covered like this too! lol Drop by if you like I am over at DearCreatives.com the doors always open. I have a link up for re-cycled crafts & other green crafts right now. Feel free to enter your project, you can find the link up on the navigation bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I am the 2nd couns in YW so maybe I should make one for me :) Thanks for sharing at The Winthrop Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely AWESOME!! I really love the binder!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love pinwheels. They are perfect for something that represents children!
    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! I was 2nd counselor in Primary and my binder was NOT this cute! ;) Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!