Sunday, December 4, 2011

Handmade Christmas Cards

I decided to get really ambitious this year. Instead of doing a digital Christmas card, I decided I wanted to make my own Christmas cards. And I wanted to do it cheaply. Some thought it couldn't be done. 


But I did it! Let me just break these cards down by price:

Cardstock: $5 (Wal-Mart)
Ribbon: $2 (Wal-Mart)
Stamp: $1 (Hobby Lobby)
Christmas Tree Brad : $1.60 (Ollie's)
Photography: Free (Friend took pictures)
Printing Pictures: $5 (Costco)
Total Cost: $14.60

Not too shabby! Plus postage, but we already had the stamps. 


PLUS, they only took me 2 days to do. I'm hoping my family will love that they're getting a card made with love. I really do love digital prints, but sometimes getting something homemade gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.


It's not too late to make your own cards! Get ambitious!

Linking up: BecolorfulKeeping it Simple, C.R.A.F.T., Craft-O-ManiacEverything Under the Moon36th Avenue



5 comments:

  1. I love these, but how many did you make? I send out so many, it might be realistic to make some, but I don't know that I could do all. Hmmm. Love these, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I made 20 of these. So, if you need a ton, it'll take you a while, but not too long. Especially if you sit and watch a movie while doing it! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm inspired. :0 Lucky people on your Christmas card list. :0 Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get the ribbons on? Glue gun? Do the ribbons wrap around the entire card?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!