Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Calendar Ideas



Christmas is here! Christmas is here!!

I'm so excited. I LOVE Christmas time! Not only is it a special, sparkly time of year, but it's also the time when we celebrate the birth of the greatest man to walk on earth. I just love Christmas time.

One thing that I started last year and will continue this year is using an advent calendar to make the countdown to Christmas especially fun. 

And can I say I really love my advent calendar. I made it with my friend in Texas. It's so super adorable. And really easy to make.


But that's not the purpose of this post. I wanted to give you some ideas for your advent calendar!



Christmas Advent Calendar Ideas

Drink hot chocolate and dance to Christmas songs 

Write Santa a letter 
 
Go see the big Christmas tree at the mall 
 
Learn about nativity (Christ’s birth) 
 
Make and eat sugar cookies 
 
Learn what other countries do for Christmas 
 
Watch Polar Express 
 
Eat candy canes/hang them on the tree 
 
Have a slumber party in living room 
 
Go see Santa at the mall 
 
Sing Christmas songs to family on Skype 
 
Have red & green pancakes for dinner 
 
Go to story time at library & bring home Christmas books 
 
Make an indoor snowman (with marshmallows) 
 
Go look at Christmas lights 
 
Have popcorn & watch Christmas movie
 
Make graham cracker houses 
 
Make a Christmas ornament  
 
Make & deliver gingerbread men 
 
Eat at Chick-fil-A and get a Peppermint Choc. Chip Shake 
 
Read Polar Express by the Christmas tree 
 
Eat red & green M&Ms and play a game 
 
Read Christmas story from Bible 
 
Open one present & make cookies for Santa 

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. So cute...And I like your list of activities...Would love to link your list to my blog countrymomcooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great, Deana! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! i am working on making me an advent calendar right now and love this!
    thanks for sharing :)
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com
    i have a giveaway going on now.. i'd love for you to enter if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design! Your newest follower, Karima

    ReplyDelete
  5. how adorable! Love the idea! I wish i could've seen this before so i could of made it! :) well maybe its not too late :) thanks for sharing! yay happy new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your post on Yesterday on Tuesday's linky party. Very cute ideas! I'm going to have to incorporate some of this.
    I just posted about some advent ideas at www.myhomeschooltale.blogspot.com/2011/11/advent-ideas.html,if you'd like to check it out.
    Andrea @ MyHomeschoolTale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GREAT ideas!! It's always such a challenge to find creative ideas for your Advent calendars! :) Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog!

    Have a great Friday!

    Emily @ BabyBerry
    http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darn cute! Featuring you tomorrow during STICKER TIME PART 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a lovely job with your advent calendar and I've linked it to my post today too! Thanks also for the ideas, you've put a lot of thought into it and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome list! You've given me some great ideas. Love your calendar too. I am a new FB fan visiting from Pity Party. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these ideas! I would love for you to link up to my new party, Monday Myriad Linky Party
    Also, do you button swap?
    katieoallred@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!