Image Map

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Problem Solved

Problem: I have a diaper bag (here) that is ALWAYS on the floor & in the way annnnd a purse that is also very lazy. (Or maybe it's me that's being lazy.)

Anyway, it's very annoying to be tripping on these bags all the time, or having the opposite problem--never being able to find them.

Solution: Buy a $2 coat rack-hanger, repaint it, and use THAT for the bags. Why didn't I think of this earlier??

My $2 Goodwill find. Of course, then I saw one at a yard sale for 50 cents. I sanded this puppuy down to get rid of the country painting.


















And I painted it a nice shimmery champagne color.



















I stenciled on an aryle design...



















And then painted that a dark chocolate brown. To finish it off I put one light coat of the champagne color over it. And then utilized it.


















In action.
























































{Linked to http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/ ; http://www.sugaranddots.com/ }

3 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute. I love this idea! I need to do something like that. Dallin is always getting my wallet out of my bag, dumping my credit cards and stealing my coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GENIUS. i've got a pile of bags, one for church, one for coloring books, my purse, UGH. so annoying. nice work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I heart it mucho!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!